Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
thymios

Web content background color in win explorer

Hi everyone.Got a problem that i can't solve so if anyone knows the answer please help.

Windows uses bright white color as the default for window background color. This is rather annoying since after 1-2 hours your eyes get blury frown .When changing the window colour to anything but white and opening windows explorer, the web content part on the left frame of the explorer remains white.This is really annoying since it doesn't look good at all since there are two colours in the same window like separating lines!

I couldn't find a solution myself and trying to edit the web content with FrontPage made my life more difficult.

Any suggestions?

You need to edit the web.htt file, which can be found in \WINNT\Web - edit the "body" line in between <style> settings, and remove the text "bgcolor=#FFFFFF"

This will mean that the side bar of the folder will now be the same colour as the rest of the window!

Hope this helps,

AndyF

OK guys thanks a lot for the answer.I'm not home right now to try it out but i bet it's going to be working. smile