Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
fortress5

Group Policy...Dont understand... expert please

I was thinking that group policy are supposed to affect all users connecting to my server but it doesnt work. It is supposed to do that or it just affect the policy on the server??? I have read the dOc but they dont say alot of thing. Anyway, im french, maybe its why i dont understand smile

I have try to deploy the adminTool on clients computer using the software installation snap-in but he just deploy on the server and not on the client computer (i have just one client eheheh)

What i do wrong or dont understand ?????

please help me!!!!

Group policy affects:

1. Local machine

2. Selected remote machine (you connect to it and set its policy manually)

3. Domain wide

If you have an AD domain, then you can set a domain wide policy that will propgate to all its members. Do you use AD?

What is AD??? administrator account ?? if is this, yes .

Its what i want, set a domain wide policy that will propgate to all its members. HOw?

AD is Active Directory. It sounds like you should probably pick up a book on this subject and start from there. That way, you get a nice, clear picture of what is going on.

ACtive directory is set, i have read that group policy supposed to affect the domain and all of its user but dont work. i configure this but select active directory user and computer and selec the group policy snap-in

all the thing on my server is set. DNS , DHCP, NAT etc. and work well THe only thing i have problem is with these group policy that dont affect the clients computers

its what i was reading, on the technet, thx alot, if i found my problem, i will post it

I dont find the problem, i have read the doc, its simple but it don't work. Someone of you work with group policy and software deployment setting ?????????? Again, it just work on the server and doesnt apply on workstation when user log. :(((