Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Dapper Dan

Fedora is faster than RH 8 or 9!

I just installed Fedora on my Mom's computer, which with RH 8 was always very sluggish. With Fedora, it's not just faster than her old RH8, but seems even faster than my hot rod RH 9 box! If my impressions of this change, I'll let you know. smile

Quote:
I believe I'll hold off on 2.6 for now, but thanks! smile

Yeah, me too! I've finally got almost everything working at last, so I'd just as soon not add more possible probs! I'll get to it once I have learned a little more about Linux than i now know. 8)

I have to 2.6 running on one of my non-critical machines. The speed increase is absolutely amazing, at least for my uses. The most significant increase though is probably with the GUI and pre-empt, which can be applied to 2.4. Right now the only thing I lost are USB and Sound. Both are fairly trivial to fix, but I haven't had a need to do so yet. I would agree though that unless you know what your doing, don't go for it. In case noone has noticed, Fedora released Core 2 test 1 today (it has 2.6) smile Start downloading and submit those bug reports everyone!

Regards,

Steve