Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
lammypie

STR in W2K? Abit KT7

Anybody with a ABIT KT7 mb got STR working with Win2k?

I can get it to work with the YP beta bios version ABIT released ages ago, but it doesn't work with later versions. Hibernate works fine. Any Suggestions?

I have not tried it personally (though I have flashed it), but the new 3C BIOS from Abit seems to work flawlessly with STR.

Forgive me for my obstinance but , if you have flashed it how can you can you not have tried it?

Sorry mate, just tested it myself and no change - STR just does not work in win2000 with this bios. Only YPbeta bios works with STR.

Anyone know if ABIT will fix this issue?

Quote:

Forgive me for my obstinance but , if you have flashed it how can you can you not have tried it?

STR is not a feature I use, as my PC is doing something for someone 24 X 7.

ANybody suffering from STR not working with a KT7x board in windows 2000. Should email johntsai@abit.com.tw with a basic hardware setup and software setup on your system. This will help them track down the problem. They also want to know if YP beta bios (which was release yonks ago) fixed the problem. If it did and the latest bioses made the problem come back then they really want to here from you!

Johntsai@abit.com.tw