Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
chasputnam

Nero 5.5 (latest ver) and EZCD 5 under Win2000

The first release of Nero 5.5 caused problems w/ EZCD 5. Has anyone tried the update yet and can you advise if the prior problems are corrected.

Given the problems that EZCD 5 causes w/ Win2000, I'm thinking of going back to EZCD 4 for audio and data and using Nero 5.5 for photo albums (and believe it or not, WMP 7.1 for ripping MP3's - did a test between that and EZCD 5's SoundStream - same rip speed).

Last question, will Nero 5.5 and EZCD 4 co-exist together under Win2000?

:P

Don't worry about the speed of ripping a track. Look at the quality.

Wmp 7+ is dreadful for this.

Thanks for the reply. Actually, I hadn't noticed any sound quality problems with rips from WMP 7.1. When I tested, both WMP 7.1 and SoundStream were set to rip files to 160Kbps (setting under the Tools/Options/CD Music)

EZCD 5 has a lot of nice features, but wasn't fully tested under Win2000. There are (known) problems creating data CD's under Win2000 that don't occur under Win98/Me.

For the longest time it's been said that you're not supposed to use those two programs on the same system.

Hi, Nero 5.5.2.3 still has the same problems with hibernation that the first 5.5 had, you'd thought that Ahead would have sussed it with the second release by now....

Chris

Nero 5.5.2.4 is out on Ahead ftp site.

Microsoft Windows Media Player uses Roxio plug-in from ECDC 5.

No wonder the speed is the same.

Quality is abysmal -relatively- to other compression techniques.

Whether it makes a difference in real life is something else.

Anyhow MP3 playback on PC should involve DFX 5 to restore dynamics

i used to be an EZ cd creator fan but now i use nero all the way. Funny thing is that CDrwin and EZCd both run at high priority by default but nero runs in normal, and know what ive never burned a coaster with nero at all. Plus unlike EZCD which ALWAYS copies the tracks to the HD then burns it, nero won't. EZ CD Creator 5 has one nice feature i like and that is the mp3 cd feature other than that ez cd is a POS.

EZ CD 5 and Nero 5.0 or 5.5 works fine together. The only thing you should NOT DO IS:

Install Ahead InCD.

Packet CD and Direct CD does not, can not and will not work together aunder any circumstance.

But Nero an EZCD is fine as far as I am concerned atough i do have it installed i dunno why anybody would wanna use ezcd while nero is out there.

Last Night it crashed with an out of memory message on a 512Mb 75GB x2 system with about 90GB free drive spaces smile So I would like to congratulate it's engine programmers on creating the most massive code. However be careful with nero since loads of small files and over 10x writing is a lethal combination due to it's cache handling no matter how fast or good your hard drive's are.