Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
mikejackson

Updated Win2000 Sidewinder Drivers

Has anyone had any success in tracking down the windows 2000 drivers for the microsoft force feedback wheel as mentioned in the news article on this site dated the 3rd June. It gives a link to the windows update site but said drivers are not shown anywhere.

Regards

Mike Jackson

MS may have pull it being I can't fine it.

Yeah thought as much the annoying thing is I am really anxious to get hold of them as I have £100 worth of force feedback wheel here collecting dust:(

Have you tried the Win98 drivers that were on the CD that came with the wheel? I have been using it with those drivers for months, and havent had a single issue with them!

Devildog

Sorry for the delay in replying took a break from the computer for several days whilst on holiday. Any way, Devildog could you list in detail the procedure that you used in intalling the FF wheel in Win2000 as installation using Ver 3.0 software wont allow it even using the application compatibility thingy.

Also you stated that your FF Wheel works fine under win2k after installing it your way, does that include the FF functions or does it function as a standard non FF Wheel?

Thanks.

Ok, here's what I do (this is assuming you have a fresh install of Win2k)

A) Already have the wheel hooked up when installing Win2k.

B) After you have everything else setup, simply pop in the CD that came with the wheel and select INSTALL MS SIDEWINDER SOFTWARE.

C) Click on yes to all the unsigned drivers.

D) Reboot.. everything will be there, force feedback, MS Sidewinder software, the works!

Somewhere along the line, you WILL be notified that the software may not work right with Win2k - dont worry about it, it works fine, tell it to proceed.

NOTE: The software for download on the MS site DOESNT WORK with Win2k, only the one on the CD that came with the wheel!!!

Hope this works for ya! Works wonderfully for me!

Yup don't even waste your time with them

I agree with Devildog you should use the CD SW4.0 stuff being they work.

So I have a Force Feedback wheel and I cant install the 3.02 drivers (it only allows me to cancel, I cant run it anyhow). My CD is an older version, 2.x or something, so thats no good. I cant find the 4.0 drivers that according to this site work fine with it. Could someone please help? Is there a place I could download them or someone that could send them to me sometime? I would greatly appreciate it, thank you and have a nice day laugh