Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Mike Zamarocy

Anyone know the diff between the 2 new DT drivers? (12.41 an

I see there are now 2 new NV Dte drivers, a WHQL 12.41 and a new 7 series (7.91). Has anyone tried these, and what are the differences? Heck, I had thought with all the 12's being released lately, that teh 7's were now defunct.

The 12.x series have problems with Black and White and Hitman... I'm using the 7.91's right now with no problems.

What problems in Black & White with the 12.xx drivers?

I'm currently using the 12.40 drivers and don't see any issues.

However it's possible I don't know what I'm looking for, what issues are there?

Massive corruption, random triangles, disappearing textures, lines between independent objects... Hitman only has the problem in D3D. OpenGL works fine 'n dandy.

It's also a good idea to run the game in 98 compatability mode, because otherwises, it crashes when you try to enter the first Vortex.

I tried the 12.00 WHQLs but experienced blockiness in certain games and even in MS Word (and I've NEVER had probs outside of games before) so I've since gone back to the 7.76 WHQLs and all is well again.

"Massive corruption, random triangles, disappearing textures, lines between independent objects....."

Humm, OK I would expect to have seen and noticed something like that.

I'm playing Black & White on an almost daily basis at the moment, and have not seen any of those faults.

"It's also a good idea to run the game in 98 compatability mode, because otherwises, it crashes when you try to enter the first Vortex."

Nope, once again I have never used compatibility mode for anything under Win2k.

Black & White included here, never, ever seen an issue with lock up's and freezing when entering the Vortex's.

You sure you haven't got other issues here?

I have to use compatability mode because otherwise the game closes out and I get a C++ debug option box. I probably wouldn't have that problem if it weren't for the 3 compilers on my system smile

I use the 12.60dets and they give me the BEST performance out of any driver to date. I don't benchmark crap because of 2 reasons. I don't play D3D games because its a crappy API so i don't use 3dm2k1 to benchmark. I also never play games with super mega ultra high detail so you can only play in 640x800 if you do. So my results wouldnt be the same.

Also if the 12.40s have the problems you mentioned they wouldn't be WHQL certified into the 12.41s. Looks like you need to reevaluate your system.

The 7.xx do not support the extra Geforce 3 features. The 12.xx do.

Don't the 12.xx series have more support for DX8.0a features as well? As compared to anything lower that is?