Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
marty

Windows XP Pre-RC1 Screenshoots

hi @ all

Windows XP Build 2481 Screenshots

sorry a the Moment only 12 screenshots of Windows XP Pre RC1 build 2481. This build is one step closer to the milestone RC1 build that will go out to testers on June 20th, unlike build 2475 the

[*]new "Windows Messenger" has been included and Passport services (.NET based) implemented into XP, that means that when you sign into Windows Messenger you are automatically signed onto all Passport services.

[*]Additionally all icons have been further improved, even the setup.exe (on the cd) has got the new "Add/Remove Software" icon now.

[*]Problems with Highpoint SCSI Driver (ABit Raid) also fixed.

[*]Windows Tour added.

[*]and many more ...

[/list=1]

more cooming soon wink

cu,

Marty

Nice chrome skin ! smile new theme! at last

did you get that chrome skin off the web from microsoft, or was it included in winXP?

Quote:

[*]Problems with Highpoint SCSI Driver (ABit Raid) also fixed.

doesn't seem like it to me this build has the same sh1t drivers for the HPT370 as 2469 and 2475. I have to use the new ones for win2k from abits website to get the proper performance. also the drivers for my tnt2 that come bundled with xp cause my system to hang for a while and then blue screen with the message "your display driver has gotten stuck in an infinite loop windows is restartin to prevent hardware damage or some **** like that" I get the same error with all detonator drivers from 10 up through 12.40. 7.58 whql works flawlessly.

2481 is nice but it still has a ways to go. IIS is still broken for me in this build (as it was in 2475)

one other note is that the iso that i got is not bootable not sure wether it came from ms like that or if someone has fuked with it.

This build is quite fast i noticed a reduced boot time from 2475 and things seem to be faster and smoother in the os.

win messenger 4 is nothing more that msn messenger with a slighty new ui and camera support. no biggie. outlook express is supposedly updated (like i could give a crap it sucks compared to outlook xp)

aim ver 4.7 still doesn't work in this build

Quote:

Nice chrome skin ! smile new theme! at last
did you get that chrome skin off the web from microsoft, or was it included in winXP?

This is not a skin, only a new XP color schema, look at new Screenshoots

wink

Marty

Yes but it seems to work as a skin..

I know you change these settings in the color scheme menu but when you look closely to the chrome one you can see some differences,

not only in color but also in design.

anyway...

not very important is it ? smile

I use the chrome color scheme too.... Finally got rid of that nasty blue, while still keeping some of the new features of Luna.... So far, I've been happy with 2481. They fixed my MICROSOFT Internet Keyboard Pro volume control problem (which I always thought was WEIRD - they couldn't code for their own stuff??) - and Remote Connection works again - it was broken in 2465. I don't know how it was in 2475 since I skipped that build, but almost everything is working well in this build. I remember he betas of NT 4, and even 2000, and none of them ran this well at this stage....