Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Silent-IQ

Elsa Gladiac Geforce 3 any good?

Was just wondering if anyone of you had elsa geforce 3 and if its any good?, coz the price for it here in sweden is pretty much lower than any other geforce....its like $100 lower than hercules or asus.

//Silent.

I'm sure its just fine. All the GF3 cards are extremely similar. Asus is often a little more expencive because they bundle all these funny things (VR glasses and stuff), and some cards are a little more expencive because they have TV-out. Elsa is a good brand as faar as I know.

ohh, we are not talking little here, asus is 90 dollars up and hercules is whole 100 dollars up, thats not little here in sweden! smile

//Silent

yes but still

I'm from Norway btw, and both Hercules and Asus make expencive cards compared to other manufacturer.

Here they cost something like this:

Asus pure: 5195 NOK

Asus deluxe: 5595 NOK

Hercules: 5595 NOK

Cardexpert: 5195 NOK

MSI: 4795 NOK

(all prices a little lower online)

The cheapes I can get is MSI card online (4,435,- or 484$)

For some strange reason Cardecpert (Gainward) suddenly made a expencive GF3 card, all their other cards are cheap compared to other. You see here that MSI cost 800 norwegian kroner less than Asus deluxe and Hercules. And on the Hercules card you don't even get anything else than the card.

I have checked out the MSI card, and they look just fine. Read an review and it was just as fast as the reference GF3 card.

For some sad reason prices has not dropped yet in Norway. I think I'll wait for the card to come out, and see if the prices drop. I e-mailed one store and asked about the prices, but I did'nt get an answer.

far as i know the one and only difference between the hercules and elsa is that prophet got DVI output...thats all..and i sure dont need that one.

//IQ

i have the elsa geforce 3 and it kicks ***, i had a tnt2ultra before so it was time for an upgrade. The effects that this card can recreate are amazing.

Tom

Well i know it does kick ***, thats for sure, but it is just mind blowing not to know why the elsa is so much cheaper than hercules or asus (not deluxe)...i mean, can the DVI output cost $100 bucks extra?

//Silent.

the only difference in performance that you will see is 1 maybe 2 fps faster/slower but that is nothing.

Tom