Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Kofoed

Spontaneous reboots with Leadtek Gforce2 Ultra.

Can anybody out there help me out, I've got a

Windows 2000

Abit KA7-100

Leadtek Gforce2 Ultra

All critical updates.

Latest VIA 4 in 1s

Detonator driver version 12.4 have tried manufacturers drivers and offical reference drivers. Same result.

Have been having a bastard of a time trying to stop my computer from spontaneously rebooting every now and then.

It says it has caused an error in ntosrknt.exe or something like that.

Which I think has got something to do with power management.

Any suggestions for a cure would be most appreciated.

Thanks.

These reboots may be the result of your power supply being inadequate to fill the needs of your machine. With the Athlons & GeForce combo (which are both known to have a great hunger for electricity), I´d suggest you´d use at least a 300 Watt power supply. I´ve seen some going up to 450 Watt...

I had problems with some of the higher version Detonator drivers giving me grief (many hours of fun watching the "Kmode exception not handled" BSOD), I "downgraded" to the 10.x drivers, and haven't had any problems since.

AndyF

I have a 400W power supply so I dont think thats the cause.

I used to have a Gforce2 MX and that gave me no problems. I'll try the 10.? drivers.

Cheers.

I get spontaneous reboots as well, they are infrequent but annoying, and usually occurs during realtime strategy games.

I run

Win2k (SP2)

ASUS TNT2 V3800 with Detonator3 Drivers

Sounblaster Live! Value

PIII 700mhz

128 Meg SDRAM

Harmonic DVB adapter (wireless internet)

HostBased Modem

3com 10/100 card

bjc8200/hp5000c scanner

I've managed to get rid of the reboots, but I still get the ocassional lock up in 3D games, especially delta force land warrior.

I'm using VIA 4.31 drivers and Detonator v12.41 with microsofts service pack 2.

Its better than it was anyway.

I usually dont have a problem with DFLW but Red Alert2 will sometimes stutter then re-boot.

I must say this for microsoft though. They got rid of the blue screen of death! hehehehe

-Mua "'beggining dump of physical memory' still makes me **** my pants" Dib

P.S When that happens and it tells me to contact my system administrator (thats me) who do i contact? hehehehe

I had the odd problem with Red Alert 2 but lost it a while ago after a few hard drive formats. Am still trying to find somebody with it so I can install it again. Which really pisses me off because I really liked it.

But hey, **** happens. Especially to my computer.