Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
ElmerFudd=[WIG]

WinXP+V5500+Tribes 2=??????

Just wondering if anyone has played Tribes 2 with a 3DFX V5500 in Win XP??? I've been running Beta2 on my laptop without any major problems (except tryng to get Novell Client to work right on it mad ) And I'm tempted to install it on my home system and have it replace Win98SE and still dual boot to Win2000. Of course this would happen after I get a new ghost image of my system laugh

Thanks for the input.

It shouldnt have a problem as long as drivers and things for the voodoo are there but Voodoo cards get VERY poor framerates in T2.

35-65 FPS now which is very playable now but Win2000 still is crap for me with it. And I just hate kicking down to Win98 for just one thing. It doesnt matter if I kick up the prioity or offload it CPU2.

Well I took the plunge yesterday and installed XP on my desktop... Needless to say I'm waiting to get my hands on 2475+ to get D3D enabled... Another words it doesnt work without bombing out frown

Time to turn back the hard drive with Ghost

there is a patch to enable D3d in 74. If anyone knows a place to get it off hand please post a link. I don't know off hand where one is but i will look around.