Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
dumbledore

ntbackup and taskplaner

I am trying hard to set up ntbackup tasks in W2K Advanced server. Everthing works well when i start the backup immediately and manuell. But if I try to create a task (for example 6.00 in the morning) it does not work. Neither does the backup task appear und "planned tasks" nor can I see anything in the logfiles that a backup had happened nor is anything on my backup media. So why does the ntbackup not create a correct task??

Please help me or I will be killed soon by the secretaries of my company!!!

could you actually be a bit more specific on the process you are doing?my scheduled backup works fine in win2k pro and i don't think that it will be different under win2k adv.server.

All you have to do is go to Schedule Jobs.Double click on the day that you want the backup to happen.Select the backup type(all files, selected files, system state) and put the rest info on(file names, drive letter, etc).

Then on "When to backup" screen choose advanced and on "schedule task" drop down menu choose the type you want.e.g. Monthly and choose a time that the backup will occur monthly after the selected date you clicked on the beginning.Enter the job name and modify any options you want to.Voila:after finishing an icon should appear on the selected dates you have scheduled the backup.By clicking it you can modify the job or delete it.It should work fine.

Note that there is no icon in the taskbar that says that a backup job is scheduled.You just exit the system backup program and everything will happen in the time oyu specified without you needing to do anything at all.

Hope it works for you and that it helps you because maybe something else is wrong with it rather than your settings.

Dear Thymios,

I actually did what you said - but....

when I start a scheduled backup it should appear as a icon under "scheduled tasks". Well, it does if it is a incremental or differential or copy backup. It does not if it is a normal backup! Everything works fine except if I want to make a scheduled normal backup. The only way to make a normal backup is to start it manually.

Is there any way out???

this might not help your problem - but -

can anyone tell me where to find this ntbackup tool you're talkin about