Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
miku

Easy CD Creator 5 Platanium

Hi,

I had been using Easy CD Creator 5 for a quite a while now. On my last two recording I noticed that the it gives me an error at the very end of recording. The CD Icon in the Recording Windows comes Golden and It is all written well, but gives me error

Error Details: Unexpected Error

When I check if my Cd is good or not, I find that the CD is written perfectly. I tried to update it to ver. 5.01 but the update program says, "No qualified product found"

Any ideas what is it producing the error?

ARC

Yes.i know the problem.Easy CD Creator SUCKS big time!That's the problem.I know that it is easy and has nice interface but as a recording software it blows big time.

You should try Nero or WinOnCD(it's bought by roxio as well so i think it will be abandoned soon anyway).

I was thinking about recommending a different peice of software, but I wasn't going to be so harsh about it. I happen to agree about EZCD, I'm no fan, but I'm not a huge fan of Nero either. I was going to recommend DiscJuggler for everything except protected cds, and CloneCD for the protected (SafeDisc, etc) games.

Those two programs provide a combination of superbly powerful disclayout for data or audio and the ability to burn Dreamcast games, (DiscJuggler), and the ability to copy nearly any cd, as long as your burner supports it (CloneCD).

The only time another program is needed (CDRWin), is when you have an image that needs the cuesheet, if it has individual music tracks as well as a bin.

DiscJuggler autodetects image information, so selecting the .bin (after picking ALL FILES in burn new image), lets you burn it without the .cue file at all.

And for those less honest types, all are easily registered if you know where to look. I won't go into those details as this is neither the time nor the place (check my info for icq & email)

Can anything else perform the format option on CDRWs Direct CD offers (allows cutting/pasting/deleting files onto "formatted" disks)? It's the single reason I use Easy CD and I would dump it in an instant if something else was available that could do this.

First of all did you buy that copy of CD Creator 5 or did you get it from somebody else. Either way you have a beta copy on your hands and you can't install fixes to a beta I know because I first had a beta and had the same exact problem. You need to download the Retail version and then install the 5.1 fix and remember to not install taketwo in W2k or it will give you blue screen and then you will have to uninstall it in safe mode. I have not got the direct CD module to work correctly in W2k and for me it does not matter I don't use it anyway but otherwise I have no problems with the software working and I have seen an increase in burn speed since I installed it so don't listen to all the negative advice try it yourself first you might like it.

ShoemakerPom

Thanks.

Could you tell the build of the final version.

Thanks

ARC

Wait a sec. I have Easy Cd Creator 5 Platinum and it is the final. I can install 5.1 On it perfectly. Miku, you do know though that Roxio recommend not installing Take Two in Windows 2000 as it WILL destroy your installation.

The program works fine for me. I'm not saying it is good however.