Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
pjusino

Anti-Virus on Whistler?

Does anyone know of anti-virus software that works with whistler? I've tried Nortons v7.5, McAfee v3, and InnoculateIT v(latest). Nortons blue screens when i force the load, McAfee says it's not compatible, and Innoculate loads but will not actively scan nor will it scan my email. Any Ideas? confused

NAV Corporate Editions works for me also....im using the 2462 build of XP! wats ur?

I am using Whistler Prof. build 2462. When I try to load NAV CE 7.5 I get this warning:

Norton AntiVirus Corporate Edition 7.x has a known compatibility issue with this version of windows. The symevent.sys driver installed by this application is not compatible with this version of Windows. Contact Symantec for more details.

It gives me the option to load it anyway and when I do it blue screens, memory dumps, and restarts. Symantec says they will not have a fix until XP is out of beta.

So how did you guys get NAV to load?confused

The SymEvent.sys doesn't work in 2474, at least with my box here at work.

I get unable to load SymEvent.sys and an ok box.

2474 is a very F-ed up build. That is why it was an internal release. There are a lot of things broken in 2474 like application compatability is, remote desktop is, rundll is f-ed up. Your better off staying with 2462 or 65.

Well go figure so far on 2 machines i've put it in its the best running winxp yet that i've had.

aside from that norton issue but I can always live without it for a bit.

Gonna slap it in on my main box tonight and see how it goes.