Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Cardinal

I am in love with my mouse pad.

Hi all. Just a post to ask about peoples opinions of mouse pads.

I use a Microsoft intellimouse explorer USB and originally used it on a 3M precise mousing surface. That began to die so instead of replacing it (5th time) ;( I decided to invest in a decent mouse pad. Being a gamer of sorts I wanted one that performed well. So I forked out $25 Australian for an Everglide Giganta pad which looked great. But unfortunately, does not work at all with Optical mice. So I used my desk for a while and found out that doing that can quickly wear down the little plastic feet at the bottom of the mouse.

Recently I just purchased another everglide pad, designed for optical mice and am now using a clever little thing called Mouse Skates. Anyway, I just wanted to say that this is the most orgasmic experience with a mouse I have ever encountered.

Has anyone ever used any other pad? Apparently the Icemat and the fUnc 1030 are good also.

Cheers,

Cardinal.

You're forgetting to mention the infamous [H]ard|OCP RatPadz! you can see pictures of the new [H] branded one in this thread over at the [H]ard|Forum.

I plan on ordering one as soon as they put the new design up for sale. I've already run my Belkin ErgoPad into the ground, and it's only been a month or two.

-bZj

yeah i heard ratzpadz are nice. a couple of my friends have them with intellimouse explorers and they snipe me left and right in CS and tribes 2.

I do a lot of Cad on my computer (3D modeling) so I bought one of thoes 3M precision pads, it sucked for lack of a better word, so after trying variose mouse pads my little nephew gave me a 4 dollar Warner Bros. Looney Tunes mouse pad with all my favorite characters on it LOL and it's been the best mouse pad I have ever had. HAHA

Bdee Bdee thats all folks.

Cheers

laughlaughlaughlaughlaughlaughlaughlaugh

hahahaha . . My dorm mate and I just ordered two func pads and we expect them tuesday or so. I'm looking to go optical myself.

Just how good are the optical mouse, are they worth the money???

they're good for basic windows navigation. More precise, which is good for photoshop and stuff of that nature. Gamers have mixed feelings about optical mice.

I love my MS Intellimouse Explorer. I had been using a Logitech MouseMan for about a year, and hated the shape, and the fact that I had to clean it so often. While an optical mouse's precision is only rivaled by $100 ball-mice from companies that can't sustain a business, I think one of, and the greatest benefit of optical mice is the lack of cleaning. Yet a third would be ability to use it on almost any surface, and a fourth would be the cool glow of a nice LED under your mouse.:P

-bZj

heh. . all my friends w/ logitech opticals have fun w/ the glow light that is packaged w/ the mouse

U guys haven't tried the ingo.se mousepad out, that's why u're still on about eveglide n stuff.

i've tried out all these pads at a lan some weeks ago, and i can say that the funcsurface1030(http://www.func.net) is definetely the best,

- it has too surfaces (one like rough like the everglide, the other smooth like the 3M)

- it doesn't wear of nearly as fast as all the others

- it has a mouse clip

- and the best design (imo)

buy it @ http://www.everglide.com ! laugh

There nice pads fist7.

20 dollars US. ummm almost 40 dollars Canadian. I'll see if I can get you a Warner Bros. Looney Tunes mouse pad it was 4 dollars Canadian. I have had it for 8 months and it works perfict. I do a lot of Cad and gamming plus your everyday surffing.

I'll have a talk with my nephew and see if he can get you one. I must warn you he maybe only 4 years old but he's a shark it may cost you more.

Cheers

laughlaughlaughlaughlaugh

I have Ratpadz and Microsoft Intellimouse Optical mouse. The mouse pad I had before was a free mouse pad I got from going to some fair. Anyways, Ratpadz rocks. I also like my Microsoft mouse. I play Counter-Strike a lot and my shooting got a lot better espcially with my optical mouse. I have played Counter-Strike on someone else's computer with ball mouse and I can't stand using ball mouse after using optical mouse.