Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
darkven

w2k ramdisks?

anyone here used anykindof ramdisk programs for win2000? i just browsed and saw many good uses for them to increase performance and searched for em and found maybe too many of them :), so if anyone can recommend which one would be good, i'd really appreciate it.

btw. sorry about bad english :\

hmm, i didnt find anything related tota ramdisk from these sites, all they had were internet speedup tweaks and stuff.

check the front page and in the game tuning article he mentions the APK tools for W2k. You can get em from ZDnet hotfiles i think those have a program to make a ramdisk

oh thanks for info, but i encountered couple of problems though frown

the microsoft one installed good and stuff but i cant access it, it reports: "he volume does not contain a recognized file system." and i cant format it because its ramdisk, so anyone knows an remedy for this? oh, and the apk pack had same windows ramdisk thingy.

and ramdsknt what ge0ph told seemed kinda good but its way too crippled without registeration.

could anyone test that microsofts ramdisk.sys and see if you can get it working correctly?

i've ran MS's ramdisk for a while with no problems at all under win2k and then under SP1 (don't know about SP2). The only thing was that you had to follow the directions on the page and edit those registry values to whatever you wanted it to be. I had no problems afterwords..