Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
matttah

Do you gusy suggest i upgrade to mozilla firebird?

I did a side by side comparrison of Firebird and Galeon. Both were about the same as far as speed is concerned, but the fonts to me on most pages looked much better in Galeon.

I have downloaded and installed Mozilla Firebird some 10 days back and its working cool, atleast i am happy with it.

Compared to Full Blown Mozilla, FireFox is much faster, if you don't miss the mail tool.

i will have to check that out dapper....just a question...how did this thread get revived...happened to two of my threads lately, both which were one of my first threads i posted=p

It often happens that new folks browse old threads and answer them weeks, months and in some cases years after they were started. We then read them again an contribute something new.

personally i just started using linux and still have to config my network

but under windows heres my favorite browser in order

1. slimbrowser

2. opera

3. mozilla firebird firefox

4. mozilla

6. netscape

i really liked opera and mozilla firexxx they were both really fast.

can any1 here tell me how do i install mozilla firefox in red hat 8.0. i'm a noob and the only way i know how to install apps in linux is through rpms.

If you have apt-get installed, add the Dag repositories to your /etc/apt/sources.list, update and then do:

apt-get install firefox [enter]

Or you can get the RPMs here:

http://apt.sw.be/redhat/8.0/en/i386/RPMS.dag/

I've been using Firefox for a while now, and it has started to irritate me. Galeon, which is just as fast, and in my opinion more full featured and user friendly, won't install on Fedora Core 1 easily, so I've been using Epiphany for a while. I'm not sure why so many folks dislike Epiphany, maybe it's the name, but I find it a capable and user friendly browser, much the same as Galeon.