Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
bando2000

Is there a fix for the SoundBlaster Live Gamer

I have been at this since I installed Win2K. I have applied all service patches. And have the newest drives for SoundBlaster Live Gamer. What is happening? After a while of playing games my sound in the games starts to crackle really bad and loud. So bad you have to turn the volume off. Now sometimes after exiting the games or games it will lock up on the desktop and I have to reboot.

These are the games it happens on

NFSHS D3D

Giants D3D

Shogo D3D

Soul Reaver D3D

I have others but they run in glide or opengl. And I don't get this from them at all. Is there a fix for this. I believe it is only in D3D. Because Unreal Tournment in D3D, will do the same thing.

My system specs are.

Thunderbird 1000

FIC mother AZ11

256 PC 133 RAM

Netgear 310TX ethernet card

WinTv Tuner

Voodoo5 5500 AGP

SoundBlaster Live Gamer

2 20 gig Ultra ATA 66

1 CDR/RW Panosonic 840

Scanner

Printer

Intel Web cam

Rio

Lyra

Gravis gamepad pro

sorry...but i don't think there is a fix. frown

everyone i've talked to says they have sound problems with High Heat Baseball 2002 when using a SB Live. It is an issue with Creative drivers...they better get their collective A$$ in gear and make some new drivers! smile

Brad

my fix was to go out and spend $70 on a Santa Cruz. I am never looking back and won't purchase Creative products ever again. 18 months (and counting) on solid drivers for Win2K is ridiculous...

And I will be boycotting their products in my new company (which I have the final say on all purchases) and urge you to do the same and pass the word.

They've lost my business, forever...

:}

Which is better - overall (not just in win2k)....a Santa Cruz, or a Soundblaster Live! X-Gamer 5.1?

Also, are there different types of this card (like 5.1 for SB Live)? If so, which one do you recommend?

Just wondering if I should sell my X-Gamer 5.1 and get a Santa Cruz....

Thanks.

Brad

I would also look at the Philips Acoustic_______ for a replacement. I have a no longer produced Guillemot Maxi Sound Fortissimo, and have had no problems with it. It works right out of the box under Win2k, although there are drivers for it, but I am happy w/o them. For me its good enough, but if your used to creative quality, Id either look at the Santa Cruz line or Philips sound cards. Creative and others who dont support Win2k are idiots, because when XP comes out they wont be able to ignore that, or they will be toast.

Seeing as how so many people have a creative Live! card with problems, as well as some other creative card too, I probably will not buy one ever either. Im not gonna get any product that has issues with an OS, because a company refuses to put out drivers.