Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
rojazz

transparency issue

i've recently been using the updated version of mirc, which allows the background window to become transparent. after installing litestep (and afterwards disabling it), i noticed that if i placed another window on top (without maximizing), and there is activity on the window below, the content will leak through the current active window. here's an image of what it looks like:

messeduptransparency.jpg

as you can see...i've been trying to get help with it for a while. in this image, IE is the active window, and mirc is behind it...but it leaks through the text content because of activity. usually it fixes itself if i move around the active window, close it and reopen it, or scroll up and down in the active window.

this issue does not just involve mirc; any window that i set to be transparent have this problem. pretty much anything that covers the window can be leaked, be it a menu or another window.

any help would be appreciated...this is really starting to upset me. i'm guessing it might have something to do with a registry setting...but anyone who has any idea what may be going on, please help me out. thanks laugh

yes...but that's not the issue. this happens with other programs besides mirc. plus i hate things being always on top...they're hard to hide laugh