Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
pimpin_228

will there ever be a dual socket a

Obvious Guy says: No duh!

There are already pictures of Dual-SocketA boards on the 'Net. They are gonna be aimed at high to mid-range servers and work stations at first, so don't expect ot have one at home for almost a year.

-bZj

Yeah, Down8 is right on the money. Tyan, which is know for their server boards, has a preliminary board out for the Thunder K7 dual socket A, with the 760MP chipset. It has Ultra160 SCSI, so its not gonna be cheap, however, coming from Tyan it should be stable. The only bad thing is Tyan board abosolutely suck for overclocking, so dont get one if you want to OC. I have one for my P3, and I didnt get a good OC out of it, just because the board was not intended to do so.

Wait until Asus and Abit get their solutions out for the desktop.

If you want to go see it, Tweak Town has a pic up about it and a link.

URL: http://www.tweaktown.com

Edit

I looked at the board and it looks like it will use a PSU like the ones required for Pentium 4 board. In otherwords it needs an ATX 2.03 PSU with a 12V 2x2 power connector in addition to the standard 12-pin power connector.

Maybe 400Watt PSUs will start becoming standard fare in the next year or so with this kind of power requirements.