Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Cynan

Installing W2K on a Sony Vaio C1XD.

Hey there... anyone tried this? I could do with a little help.

I have updated my BIOS to the W2K04MO (think thats what its called) - even though it says NOT to use it on european models, that o'kay? and then I installed W2K without a problem.

The only thing is, the internal camera doesn't work. Now I hear some ppl have managed it using SmartCapture 4.x, can anyone verify this? and even give me a link to where I can dl it?

btw, can I revert the BIOS back again to its original state? I'm thinking that maybe the "update" isn't a full BIOS, hence can't be used on any model, hance I might have screwed up. Anywhere that I can dl the relevent files?

Oh and while I'm at it, power management support is supposed to be better in 2K too, thoughts? opinions?

TIA,

--Cynan.

You can go back to your old bios only by flashing it with the old bios. And that's providing you either saved it, or Sony has a download for it off their website. If you had an incomplete bios flash, you probably would be having some major issues along the lines of not being able to boot up.

Well thats what I thought - as is the case with normal BIOSs.

AFAIK, Sony don't supply the BIOSs for download. There is one for a different model of the C1, but I'm unsure if it'll work o'kay on mine.

Thanks for the reply. smile

--Cynan.

Well, if Sony has only designed the laptop to run on certain OS's, there's not a whole lot that can be done, except to try the compatability app.