Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Amnesiac

Flickering text in Counter-strike and Quake III

Has anyone else had this problem? Counter-strike is especially annoying, my cross hair, weapon selection, and radar all blinking.....its a real pain....Any ideas of what I can do? Any help will be greatly appreciated!

-Amnesiac

Upgrade your Detonator drivers... I had flicking in MW4, changed to v7.something, and now all is fine.

--Cynan.

I have the same prob in MW4 (only on the Menu screens tho - in game seems to be fine) but after some BAD experiences with the 5.x series Nvidia drivers I now stick to the WHQL-certified ones (ok..so it may not make THAT much of a difference but I feel better anyway) but no matter what ones I try (6.x, 12.x) I still get flickering in a lot of D3D games (tho strangely not AOE, but thats probably cause it doesnt really tax the video card) - OpenGL seems to be fine as HL/CS works fine.

Im thinking maybe at this stage its the card? (Geforce1 32MB DDR) as I have friends using the same driver sets, but with newer cards (GeForce 2s) and they dont have any flickering.

Has anyone any ideas?

Yes but have a different problem aswell.

I can't run half-life when installed in win2000 ? It say it'll need SP3 og above ?????

All i have found so far is 1! the same one i downloaded the day i got w2k...

So if i want to play CS when i'm on win2000 i have to start it up in the win98 folder ? The game runs just about okey but i can't setup the grafics to run proberly so it's acting like a 2 sec lag some times :.(

Any one plz help :-)

XqualDK

SP3 hmm sounds like it said you need WINNT4.0 SP3 or above, well I had that problem with my mouse "microsoft intellimouse explorer" just update half life to the latest version and prehaps it will work, I have seperate counter-strike and it works fine for me......so, best of luck

-Amnesiac