Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Son Gokou

Problem with installing Norton System Works 2001!!!

Anyone have any problem, when they try to install Norton System Works 2001 to WinXP 2465???......when i tried to install, a message popped up saying this software didnt pass the winlogin things....and i click ingore and continue to install, halfway install and got blue screen of death then reboot......any help will be apperciate!!!

thx

lo goku!

ive just downloaded 2465(i had 2463)

There is a patch avable on nortans site put winxp or windows xp in the search box(well have a look round the site)

U r better off without system works though

well i dont rate the hard drive thingy(cant remember what its called:P )

it does more bad than good

But i would onley install the firewall and the anti virus if any

all norton products won't work on XP unless you get the latest symevent from Norton. As said though most norton products are crap and do more harm than good.

Norton Anti-Virus is the only program worth installing. (Best virus program IMHO)

So what virus protection appz, u guys use in winxp???....or do i need any???

thx

I have yet to install it on XP, but Norton AV is the best. You need to get a patch to run it under XP from what I under stand.

As for system works or Norton Utilities...DONT USE THEM! They seem to do only one thing well--screw up your registry and system. Ive just done a nice reformat due to a NU install on my Win2k box.

It's not just Norton Utilities that are worthless... McAfee and all the other independent "utilities" are just as bad. (If not worse)

Best thing to do is use just an anti-virus scanner, and leave the rest for Microsoft utilities to handle.

Yep got NAV 2001 installed without any problem, just needed the update from Norton and everything is fine smile