Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
cipher

Help! ISA modem isnt detected by win2k using Iwill KK266

whats the best way to get this modem working??? It worked fine yesterday, but since flashing the bios i cant get win2k to recongize the damn thing. It usually just gets recognised by win2k and installs default drivers. Do i need to mess around with IRQ settings or something?

does it show up during the boot process with an IRQ? Maybe load setup defaults?

no it doesnt, and in system info/ IRQ list the modem isnt there either.

When i try to add the modem manually in Add new Hardware, it says comm already open when trying to dial

do you have 'yes' in the bios for plug and play os? if so, you should change it to 'no'

yes, i do have it set to "yes". I thought that way the OS would find the card. If i set it to "no", should i do anything else?confused

setting it to no will let the bios automatically assign IRQ's lot better than letting windows do it, windows usually screws everything up in my experience anyway when it comes to that.

hey thanks for the help guys. Have found the reason why the modem sometimes disappears from the device manager- it doesnt like me increasing my t-bird cpu voltage past 1.775v, and since i need 1.85 to get my cpu stable at 1.566 i ditched it for a hardware pci modem for $50