Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
INFERNO2000

Simple quick Question about NERO

Me too. Most progams always seem to have their own image format so you have to use the same program to burn it.

Just choose the Image Burner to write to instead of your CDR. I haven't used Nero in awhile but thats how I rememeber doing it.

It usually makes .NRG files rather than ISOs, but there may be a setting that I am missing. I just use WinImage Pro as it's a helluva lot faster and easier to mess with.

Sorry I'm a retard. NT support was added in version 3. 9x support was added in version 5. So then it works on 2k????

I have used Winimage in Win2K only, but I would imagine that it works fine in NT4. And yes, loading the virtual driver is fine for creating images, but I only recall the images being done in .NRG format (a proprietary format from Nero). I like Winimage because I don't have it "installed", I just have a shortcut pointing to the directory. It also runs really fast, and I can build images very quickly from floppy, HDD, and CD without loading up EZ CD 5 or some other beast of a program. Plus, I can browse images and extract from them as needed to get what I want from them, or just to make sure that it has everything I intended to be there.

O.k. I am using Win2k. I have a shortcut to WinImage. I see the benefits and I agree, but I am trying to figure out how to make it create the iso when I tell it where to save it.

Cool, you are almost there. What I do is just enter the name of that I want the image to be, such as "w2k_srvr_upgde.iso". It will then make that file based off of whatever your source is. Let me know if you need more help.

Guess what. I know why it didn't work. It doesn't like to make iso's of audio cd's. I used a data cd and it worked.

if you like winimage you will like ISObuster better. I don't know if ISObuster will let you create images but i know it will let you view/extract from pretty much all major image file formats.