Sign in to follow this  
mister

Partitions in Win2k

Hello:

I have a 20GB hard drive, with the following partitions:

C = 2GB

E = 4GB

F = 14GB

Win2k Server is installed on C. Is there any way I can take some space from my F partition and increase the size of my C partition.

Without reinstalling everything.

Does Partition Magic do this?

Any suggestions? Help?

Thank you all!

Yeah, partition magic will do that. The only other option is to reformat and select your partitions that way. Look for partition magic 6.0.

Does Partition Magic 6 work with Win2k Server? The install says it cannot install on Win2k Server and recommends that I get ServerMagic.

It works on Win2k Professional.

Any ideas?

Yes, for servers you will need ServerMagic. Kind of sucks don't it.

Oops. Yeah, SERVERmagic would be better for you. I dont know about it, but if its like partition magic, it should be very thourogh.

boot floppies from partition magic 5 5 5 5 5 5 5 will work on 2k server. 6 will not not not. You can't install 5 or 6 because of the reasons you've found out. Powerquest was not able to make version 5 incompatible because it came out before the 2k OS's. See how they had to build in the incompatibility. They just want to sell you the same product for ten times the price if you have server. Beleive this because I have done this on a domain controller I am running right now.