Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DavidJonesIGI

Conexant USB Modem

What is the story with this thing. In 2K Pro it slows the system down to horrific 486 speeds (judder judder) every time you try to connect to the internet and all the time you are connected. Windows take ages to redraw etc. But, and it's a big but, reboot into Advanced Server, and the same drivers have absolutely no problem with the modem, it runs flawlessly, so, is this a problem with the modem, or some power management or TCP/IP problem in 2K Pro? If it's any help, I ahad the same problem in Me, and I am convinces the TCP in Advanced Server is better as I get noticeably faster connections every time in it.

i would say to copy your TCPip.sys from Advanced Server into 2k. If that doesnt work then it is the USB drivers. My friend had a USB cd-burner and it worked like crap until i took it out of the external box and made it internal.

I think to be honest it is the USB device is crappy (no manufacturer name on it, and when I eventually found out, the website had no drivers). Advanced Server is possibly more tolerant