Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
tallon

Help with a corrupt excel file

Hello everyone, I have a corrupt excel file in MS Office 2013. The file was damaged by a virus. Is there a tool able to repair this file? I'm not interested in repair manual methods.
Thanks in advance.

Yes, there are so many tools available online like this excel repair software that claims they can repair corrupt or damaged excel file and recover data from it. 

Why do you not try Google? Search for different queries like Excel repair software, Excel file repair tool etc. and Google with the list so many options for you, choose one that best suited for you.

For those users who are looking for free solution, they can try few easy manual tricks which require no paid software or any other cost. Refer to this blog post to know how to repair Excel file manually - Few Easy Tips & Tricks to Repair Excel File Manually | N. Sem's Blog

One can try to extract data of the chart from a corrupt spreadsheet by using Macro. Also, one can try to recover data from corrupt Excel file by converting it into SYLK or symbolic link format. Note: To open a corrupt Excel file, one can try OpenOffice Calc program. Also, one can try Open and Repair feature of MS Excel to open a corrupt Excel file. 

I hope the shared information would be helpful here. 

Thanks and best regards.

• Like 1

Is there a tool able to repair this file? I'm not interested in repair manual methods.

If you don't want to use manual tricks, you should try Excel Recovery software. But make sure you first download its demo version for free evaluation. By using demo version, you can see what you could possibly recover from the corrupt Excel files before you can actually pay for the software. If you are satisfied with the results, you can purchase the software. It supports both XLS and XLSX files created by all popular versions of MS Excel including the latest 2016. 

Thanks.