Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
TR909

Whistler-Still no CDRWs,no IPX/SPX

Still haven't managed getting my CDRWs read under Whistler.Well the disk is recognized,but when i browse it,it seems to be blank!?!?No UDF reader icon,nothing.These were written with Direct CD. confused

Also tried under Networking/Properties installing IPX/SPX protocoll,but couldn't find it.Is that missing,or i am missing something? smile

Any help would be greatly appreciated.Thx in advance.

------------------

The infamous beatbox!

Whistler does not natively support IPX. Microsoft pulled it out along with several other older protocols.

It may be your CD-ROM drive that is the problem, or lack of drivers. I've seen this in Windows 2000 with older drives.

Well didn't know that about IPX/SPX in Whistler(thx OLEerror).That is obviously meaning i should forget those great networking duels in Starcraft-Brood Wars.

Also both my CD-rom,CDRW (Plextors SCSI)work perfect in all my OSes except the issue with the CDRWs in Whistler-kinda strange though since 2k had the UDF support into the OS.

------------------

The infamous beatbox!

both protocols, IPX/SPX and NetBeui are dead...it's a waste of space and time to have it in there, most good developed multiplayer games have TCP/IP

Its under NWLINK IPX/SPX. It installs automatically if you install the Novell Client, and I believe you can install it on its own. It also has NETBIOS integrated into it.

IPX/SPX *should* die, but unfortunately it hasn't entirely died yet. Although *most* games DO have TCP/IP support, it seems that Westwood still prefers IPX for some reason. Red Alert 2, which is by no means an old or undesirable game, requires IPX to do multiplayer.

if the CDs were written with DirectCD you need to get the latest UDF reader from Roxio (http://www.roxio.com) and then it will show the files on the CD. I had the same problem with CDs i burned using DirectCD 5. If you want e-mail or ICQ me and i can send you a copy of a UDF reader that will work in whistler.