Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
JBoDEAN

Privacy and WINXp

I have heard a lot of rumors that WINXP violates your privacy. I heard it sends a lot of information to MS and other sites when registering, and while using it.

Is this entirely true?

I think anything to do with the internet violates your privacy, lol! But if Xp realy does, thats lame, i'd like to know myself! But I could realy care less, you see, my main system never gets connected to the Net smile Theres never even been a modem in that system.

Install a firewall.

After the Black & White fiasco the first thing I install after a clean install is Norton Personal Firewall.

Its crazy how many programs that connect to the Internet. A game like Unreal Tournament connects to www.unrealtournament.com when you start the game. I just blocked it. If I can't understand why it should connect, it probably don't have to either smile

A strange thing is that explorer.exe very often connects (pings) different servers. Other programs like unrealtournament.exe use explorer.exe to ping. I have ended up blocking explorer.exe totally. I never use it to surf the net anyway.