Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
falcon26

When does the Windows XP preview get mailed out?

Hi,

I just purchased the public preview of Windows XP for $20, but I couldn't find a date when it would be released to the general public for testing, anyone know when microsoft intends to ship the preview which people pay for?

Thanks, falcon26

I heard that it will be about May or possible early June when you will see beta 2. I am sorry for you that you wasted your money cause RC2 or perhaps even the RTM will be available when you get your beta 2 in the mail. I was thinking about joining the preview program until i realized how stupid it was to pay ms for something i will already have a better copy of by the time they get it to me. By the time they get the RC1 out the door to the public the RTM will have already been leaked to the net and available all over the place.

Never heard of Technet and MSDN, eh?

smile

------------------

Regards,

clutch

Microsoft should have e-mailed you saying the next few weeks and then you get Candidate 1 and 2 in June or July timeframe. A friend of mine did it and got a email saying all this...

Why the hell did I buy it :-(( I think I will cancell it............

falcon26

hhhhmmmm..... I was gonna buy the previews but I already have beta 2 now. You think RC1 & 2 will be all that much different? Beta 2 seems to run 100% here.....But I have no problem with buying the previews of RC1 & 2 to check out. (well, just one problem, hehe, getting the girlfriend to let me use her credit card, hehe) But also don't wanna waste my money on something thats gonna be the same as Beta 2 and have to wait so log to get it!

So what do yaz think? Beta 2 close to what the final will be minus little bug and quirk fixxes?

cheers