Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Vampyr

WinXP activation

ok... i had to reinstall 2454 again but i lost the hacks to bypass activation. I tried to get them from ETPlanet but their site has been down for quite some time. Does anyone know of another place that i can get the activation bypass?

the 2446 and 2428 cracks should work the same, the dll file in the crack by Night is from build 2416 or 2419, i can't remember.

Check you email Vampyr

------------------

"In order to be free to learn"

"We must be free to dream"

I have most of them as well if you need em ICQ me smile

------------------

win2kbox.cjb.net

Abit KT7A-R,Duron650@910,128PC150,DeskStar 20gb, GeForce2GTS,SBLive X-gamer, Acer 10x8x32, Whistler

most people are better off getting the 2458 crack by night since it is really the best crack out for XP now. The only problem i encountered with the 2458 updated crack by night was that i had to use the recovery console to overwrite the winlogon.exe but other than that I am activation free so f*ck M$'s CD-key and activation bullsh*t.

well both my drives are NTFS so i don't have the luxury of using a FAT bootdisk to get access to my drives VIA a dos prompt.

If you use NTFSDOS or ERD Commander you can easily access the DOS prompt.

Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by DosFreak:
If you use NTFSDOS or ERD Commander you can easily access the DOS prompt.</font>

What do you think of ERD Commander? I have it budgeted for work, but I haven't decided if I should get it or not yet. Is NTFSDOS just as functional? Where can I get it at?

edit
Never mind, I found it with ERD Commander at www.winternals.com.
/edit

------------------
Regards,

clutch

[This message has been edited by clutch (edited 24 March 2001).]

ERD Commander is nice. All I do is boot from the floppies. After the normal NT boot floppy part it drops to a command prompt. Then it offers some help commands. To rest a local admin password all I have to do is type in REGISTER or somesuch and it loads the registry. Then I can modify and local admin account password. Very handy! smile

Some day when I get the time I'm going to see if I can stick the floppies on a bootable CD.....

[This message has been edited by DosFreak (edited 24 March 2001).]

How do bypass window Xp activation if I already installed it and have already used the product key on another computer? Anything will help, Thanks.

Originally posted by etemchin:

Quote:
How do bypass window Xp activation if I already installed it and have already used the product key on another computer? Anything will help, Thanks.

You buy a new license.

Well..Actually, you don't have to buy a new license.

You can call Microsoft and tell them you have installed it on a new Hardware configuration, and ask them to reset it for you.

This will of course disable your other install from getting any other updates etc.

Just because it's possible to do something with a PC/software doesn't mean it's legal/ethical/right to do so.

smile

Apply as you see fit

On the same lines .... I installed a copy of XP Pro from my MS Action Pack, but the modem was u/s on the machine. I've been away for a while and now it's passed it's 30 day limit and won't let me in to a) fix the modem and B) activate the software.

Phone activation won't do much for me as I can't talk to the sodding thing to enter any numbers MS may give me.

So .... other than re-install the OS (yawn!) does anyone have a "get me out of this hole" I can try?

Thanks,

Duncan