Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
MSGuy

Luna Interface? 2428 Discussion

Can someone enlighten me what is the deal with the Luna interface? Also has anyone gotten 2428 yet? What is different?

Screenshots have been posted in various newsites.

And I'll have to disagree with jdulmage here...that interface looks WAY different in my eyes.

I wonder if the "old" Whistler interface is still selectable.

Well,

I dont see a difference in the previous interfaces and this one.

Except that they have applied a different skin. It is the same start menu and all that stuff..

Any arguements are welcome regarding what has been changed.

ARC

a link to pics has been posted on the main page, the interface is more refined now and smoother.. more mac os 9 type feel, but its actually win2k so I cant wait until beta2.. where they have fianlly taken all the mem bugs out from 2419 etc

------------------

win2kbox.cjb.net

Abit KT7A-R,Duron650@910,128PC150,DeskStar 20gb, GeForce2GTS,SBLive X-gamer, Acer 10x8x32, Whistler

of course, I've already installed it. and that UI is way better than the one they had before, once you actually start using it. even I was lurky about it, then I installed it and I soon found out that it's a very nice interface, and it still doesn't slow down here. And the answer is NO! about going back to the old one, that's why it's called a beta, they don't put stuff in it and plan to keep that same style all the time, they are throwing away the old UI's so that they can make better ones. and no, there is no luna in it, it's more like a preview of what's to come. You actually have to have it installed to realize all of this, the interface is different and stuff like that. Screenshots only tell half the story.

Ewww, ewww, ewww, ewww, ewwwwwwwwwwwww.... *hates the luna skin*.

Personaly, I'll select the skin that looks like the current one - or make my own, its should be greeeeeey !!!! just like cases should be beige !! heh.

--Cynan.

Hey Jdulmage, I saw that review you guys did of windows xp, pretty nice I must say I was surprise to see your name on the system properties box here:

http://dspbeta.hypermart.net/xp/system.jpg

then it hit me.. oh snap thats jdulmage ..hehe

------------------

win2kbox.cjb.net

Abit KT7A-R,Duron650@910,128PC150,DeskStar 20gb, GeForce2GTS,SBLive X-gamer, Acer 10x8x32, Whistler

well, i'm a official tester, I don't care, they can have all of my info, one of my graphics guys will change it if they want to. that site is mine, so what's your point?

ummmm...

so was I....so stfu already, do I have to add in "lol" or "hehe" or an emotion icon before someone realizes I was playing along with it

[This message has been edited by jdulmage (edited 16 February 2001).]

yes, finally, i have two people are actually say something nice, this guy and Eddie314...wow, the day is mine