Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Red

MSconfig in xp

When i log on to xp 2428 the msconifg program loads up. I had previously changed some settings but now when i click normal and reboot i get a boot.ini error. Then when i load another os, i replace the boot.ini file and reboot. Then i can load whistler but msconfig is still there but now it says that normal has been selected. When normal is selected, it should not start up at logon, how can i stop this happening, is there a registry edit for it.

thanks in advance

I have the same problem in 2416 when I disable any startup fud. Just like you said, MSconfig everytime even when normal was selected. After a re-install, I used a program called "Startup Cop" to disable any startup fub I didn't want loading on bootup. No more problems. laugh

The Questionnaire beta 2.0 icon5.gif

you might wanna check the HKLM>software>microsoft>windows>Run section and see if it's there. It could also be in HKCU>software>microsoft>windows>Run (not sure which one of these two)

[This message has been edited by bug_666 (edited 04 March 2001).]

its in the HKLM section im pretty sure. I was gonna post this same problem a few days ago when i tried out msconfig then i remembered to check the registry laugh