Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
CrashNBurn

Just ordered Technet Plus/Windows XP?

I just purchased a Technet Plus subscription so that I can get the Windows XP betas. My question is...now that I've ordered this, how do I get my copy of Whistler? Do I have to wait for my DVD to arrive, or is there somewhere I can go to download it? Thanks

Jeff Knight

I don't think that having a TechNet Plus subscription will automatically give you the Windows XP beta.

I have Technet Plus, and the only betas I get sent automatically are the ones that make up the Technet disks for that month.

Curently in my Technet folder I have betas for:

Exchange 2000 Conferencing Server

Mobile Information 2001 Server - Enterprise Edition

SharePoint Portal Server 2001 Release Candidate

In order to get other betas you will need to apply for them through Microsoft.

Take a look at

https://www.betaplace.com/betaplace/content/AboutBetaPlace.htm

For more details.

On the Whistler FAQ on this site, they list Technet Plus as an alternative source of gaining access to the Whistler Betas. Is this in fact not the case? I don't want to have spent 500 dollars for nothing

Jeff Knight

You'll get some of the betas/RC but not all, and you'll have to wait for them...

And you proberbly will get a 120-days Trail when it's final.

Thats what I got with my subscription during the Win2k betas..

My advise to you is, if possible cancel your subscription if you don't need all these CDs at work. And if you do, you boss should pay them for you.

The best thing with Technet+ is the Resource Kit and the KnowledgeBase, not the Betas smile

Sorry

// Toby