Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Ryanrk

Whistler Beta 2 Coming Tonight!!!!

Message at www.nonags.com You have to be a registered member though.

[This message has been edited by Ryanrk (edited 10 January 2001).]

[This message has been edited by Ryanrk (edited 10 January 2001).]

Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by CM:
Where? Can you post this message?</font>

Huh? This is what it says on the registered users section of www.nonags.com it says "don't start downloading Whistler Beta 1 because Beta 2 is coming Tonight" and it was put up there today.

I may as well point out that MS hasn't released Beta 2, I have checked the Windows Beta site, so your nonags.com is inaccurate, if they mean 2410 (pre-beta 2 RC1)...then they are correct.

Well, that's what it says on there website, it's not up yet. I also have a msdn account and it isn't there either.

trust me, beta 2 won't be out for weeks..

MS just released pre-beta 2 about 5 days ago, so beta 2 is highly unlikely..

WindowsBeta reports 2410, and it doesn't say 2410(Beta 2) like it would say if it was beta 2, so it ain't beta 2.

Whistler beta2 is out, it's on nomads right now. Build 2410 (i guess it's been out for a few days now). They state it's the official Whistler Beta 2 (is it?). D/l it as i write! it's not on msdn yet. Might be there later.

it ain't beta 2..unless MSDN says that it is, then i'll believe them, but WindowsBeta didn't say that, so I'll believe that it's not Beta 2 until I hear word from MSDN

yeah im gonna have to agree jd on this one. If 2410 was beta 2 it wouldve said it also i find it hard to believe that nonags has b2 before whistler beta testers and MSDN

Ummmmm, yea it wierd you would think microsoft would put it up first. Anyway i thought build 2410 has been out for a few days? well it's on nonags, been downloading it all night. They state it's beta2. During the ME beta testing nonads had some of them up usually the night before microsoft did.

man, this guy doesn't give up, he's sure that 2410 is Beta 2, its hilairious. Man, if you want to believe its Beta2, go ahead.

---------------------

May Flames burn the sh1t out of you.

Build 2410 = Pre-Beta 2

I am suprised that nonags has Whistler Betas but i email them and it looks like that nonags has a contract with microsoft.

I subscribe now nonags plus smile

Christian

Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by EddiE314:
man, this guy doesn't give up, he's sure that 2410 is Beta 2, its hilairious. Man, if you want to believe its Beta2, go ahead.

</font>

I'm just telling you what i read. If 2410 is pre-beta 2 then let it be that. I'm just defending my position in saying that On there website they claim it's Beta2.

Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Ryanrk:
I'm just telling you what i read. If 2410 is pre-beta 2 then let it be that. I'm just defending my position in saying that On there website they claim it's Beta2.

</font>

Well i'm just telling you what i know.

Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by CUViper:
ok, so did they post it like they said they would? is it really beta 2?</font>

Well, i downloaded it and installed it and all over the installation it said Microsoft Whistler Beta 2. So i feel it's Beta 2 but according to everybody else in here it's not. Which makes me wonder if it's not beta 2 then why does it say beta 2 all thoughout the installation.

Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by EddiE314:
then whats the build number??! if its 5.1.2410 then its not Beta 2, its PRE-BETA 2.</font>

That's exactly what it is. Do you have it installed? And where are you getting your information from?

[This message has been edited by Ryanrk (edited 11 January 2001).]

http://www.wininformant.com/display.asp?ID=3043

It's not beta2 for once and for all - it is pre-beta2. EVERYONE will know when beta2 is released because, like beta1, beta3, rc1, rc2, etc... it is a fairly major milestone. MS would be releasing it with a little more fanfair.

------------------

Shrink

92% of the things we worry about don't happen - but the other 8% DO!

PIII 650@850

BE6-II Mobo with 320 mb ram

20 gig Quantum KX 8 gig Quantum CR

SBlive Value

All In Wonder Radeon 32MB

... and a bunch of USB Stuff

Windows 2000 Pro Retail

Ok, Thanks.. I guess i'll wait and see what happens. Thanks for your info.

Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Ryanrk:
That's exactly what it is. Do you have it installed? And where are you getting your information from?

[This message has been edited by Ryanrk (edited 11 January 2001).]
</font>

I'm getting my info from the link that Shrink just posted, start reading a little more and talk to experienced Whistler Beta Folk and you'll get the correct information.

just to add in, you said that it says beta 2 all over the installation, that's because MS added those in ahead of time, they have done that with previous betas before too.

if WindowsBeta says that it isn't, then it isn't...that's all i'm pointing out..

incase you haven't noticed, I think everyone that posted here agrees with me, so you can cut the childish attitude...