Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Jabird

Benchmarking?

hello again,

I need to know if there is a good benchmarking program for linux, because my science project is on computer memory so i need to run a benchmarking program to figure out stats then swap memory. I already did half of it on 1 machine, now i need to do it to mine, because i just moved to linux recently and i doubt the one i used will work in linux.

I also need to know if there is a site similiar to Downloads.com but for linux? all i could find at Downloads.com was Windoze stuff frown.

thanks in advance!

Jabird

Quote:
hello again,
I need to know if there is a good benchmarking program for linux, because my science project is on computer memory so i need to run a benchmarking program to figure out stats then swap memory. I already did half of it on 1 machine, now i need to do it to mine, because i just moved to linux recently and i doubt the one i used will work in linux.
I don't know if this is exactly what you are looking for, but if you pull up the KDE Control Center, look in the left pane for "information." expand it, and choose "memory." That gives a graphic of your memory.
Quote:
I also need to know if there is a site similiar to Downloads.com but for linux? all i could find at Downloads.com was Windoze stuff
Try rpmfind.net and rpm.pbone.net.