Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  

You know what's gonna really stink!?

... Havning to tell all those Win9x users who upgrade to Whistler how to use the OS.

This forum will be overflowed with questions that have been asked a million times already.

But hey... at least we're all on NT now right!?

I agree, it's only gonna take a few more months it's going to be "how do I do this" and "why is the device manager different", etc, etc, etc....

It's going to suck

You think your life is gonna suck. Think about us who do the technical support at Microsoft. Now THAT is gonna suck!

We have ALL been newbies a long time ago. The best thing we can do is help newbies to become experts.

And remeber, it is NOT you obligation to answer the questions posted in this forum. Just IGNORE these posts you don't like.

PS: If there are SO MANY PREVIOUSLY ANSWERED QUESTIONS, create a FAQ, and post it in your site.

I think folks upgrading from 9x will definately have quite a few questions once they enter the NT world, but we all must admit that Whistler is much more user friendly than 3.5 and 4.0.... I think the Personal version will work extremely well for home-users that have shared internet connections, and even though there might be some more traffic to the site, *hopefully* the built in help functions in whistler can answer most of these FAQ's