Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DosFreak

Updated Slipstream Guide

1. Make a folder on your C: drive. Name it the same as that of your CDROM. Ex: W2PSEL_EN

2. Copy the Windows 2000 CD to the folder.

3. Download Service Pack 1 from here:

http://download.microsoft.com/download/win2000platform/SP/SP1/NT5/EN-US/sp1network.exe

3. When download is done copy sp1network.exe to your C: drive.

Do a Start/run/C:\sp1network.exe -X:C:\SP1

Click OK at the screen where it displays "C:\SP1"

When it's done extracting click OK.

Do a Start/Run/C:\SP1\i386\update\update.exe -s:C:\W2PSEL_EN

When it's done it will say "Integrated install has completed successfully". Click OK.

If it does not say this then you have done something wrong.

5. Download CDRWIN from www.goldenhawk.com. Install CDRWIN.

6. Get the CD-ROM boot sector and CD Marker files from here: http://www.angelfire.com/de2/w2kcd/neededfiles.zip

7. Place the appropriate files from neededfiles.zip into the root directory of W2PSEL_EN.

Place CDROM_NT.5 into the root of the CD.

Place:

CDROM_IP.5 - If you are doing 2000 PRO then place this into the root.

CDROM_IS.5 - If you are doing 2000 SERVER then place this into the root.

CDROM_IA.5 - If you are doing 2000 ADVANCED SERVER then place this into the root.

8. The root of the directory should now contain only these files:

Autorun.inf

cdrom_iX.5

cdrom_nt.5

cdrom_sp.tst

read1st.txt

readme.doc

setup.exe

9. Open CDRWIN and choose the File Backup and Tools option

10. In the BACKUP/TOOL Operation Choose the Build an ISO9660 Image File

11. in FILE BACKUP List click the DIRECTORY button and choose the directory where you copied the

Windows 2000 CD. Click OK. Then click the ADD button. You should see the directory in the big box now.

12. Check the INCLUDE HIDDEN FILES,LONG FILENAMES(JOLIET),INCLUDE SYSTEM FILES,RECURSE SUBDIRECTORIES. Uncheck PRESERVE FULL FILE NAMES.

boxes.

13. For IMAGE FILENAME click the three dots at the right and choose a directory and a filename. Then

click Save. You should see the pathname and the filename of your .ISO in the box.

14. Check the DISABLE VERSION NUMBERS box.

15. Click the ADVANCED OPTIONS button.

16. For Volume Label use the name of the original Windows 2000 CD. Ex: W2PSEL_EN

For Volume Set Name use the bame of the original Windows 2000 CD

Publisher Name: MICROSOFT CORPORATION

PREPARER NAME: MICROSOFT CORPORATION, ONE MICROSOFT WAY, REDMOND WA 98052, (206) 882-8080

17. Choose the BOOTABLE DISC tab.

18. Check the MAKE BOOTABLE DISC box.

19. For MEDIA EMULATION CHOOSE Custom

20. For Image File name use the boot.bin from the neededfiles.zip.

21. For DEVELOPER NAME use MICROSOFT CORPORATION

22. For Load Sector Count use the number 4.

23. Click OK and then START.

24. When it's done open up any CDR burning program that supports .ISO's to burn your IMAGE to CD.

actually steps 16 and 21 serve no purpose. Volume label can be anything you want hell my last whistler CD wasnt even labeled. As for in the boot option as long as its set to custom and the load sector is 4 then it will boot. The Microsoft Corporation crap isnt needed. Just informing you of some uneeded steps laugh

I tried this method, and when I go to install 2000 it says there are a lot of files missing!!!?

Or you can just order a new media from MS costs you $30 and arrives in 2 days smile

?? MS doesn't sell Windows 2000 SP2 integrated as far as I know. I've seen Dell discs with integrated SP's but never by Microsoft....and even the Dell integrated SP's don't update the boot disks to work with the integrated disc.

The link to the bootdisk script at soundcardcentral.com seems to have been deleted. Is it possible for you create a mirror ? If you can I would be happy.

It's in the guide. Just copy the text in-between the lines to a .cmd file and run it.