Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
celeron550

help..win2k problem...changing drive letters etc...

k.here is the problem..in win98 i could change the drive letters of my cdroms(g to h etc),i sometimes had to do this for certain games,like tiberian sun,which requires the cd to be in the first cdrom(first drive letter)..in win98 i changed these settings in the device manager,however the option doesnt appear to be there in win2k(or is it?)..i know i could change the master/slave jumpers on the cdroms(which i will probably have to do),but is there away to change it in win2k???any help most appreciated....

You can change drive letters in manage computer/disk management or someting like that if I remember well.

I'm at work now on an NT4 machine frown

Yes...it's in "Manage Computer"....the other way is to have whichever drive you want to have the first drive letter the Master. The master is always the first letter..the slave is the next letter. (I am pretty sure...or maybe it's the opposite?? However you have it now...it's the reverse!)

smile right again guys!!! thanks a lot!! bit mor difficult to find and do than 98 but it can be done..i was just too lazy to open her up and do it manually(which is probably the best way)..im going to see if it fixed my prob with tiberian sun on win 2k...once again,this forum rocks smile

thanks again..it works a treat!!!!! yeah,tiberian sun goes great in win2k..it was just that i got 2 cd/cdr and my cdr is master..apparently cc requires the first cdrom(drive letter) to recognise the disk..no worries now smile....

now if only i could fix my refresh rates and stop having to adjust my monitor and im in heaven.........

by the way,whats the max res cc ts can go? i can only get 800x600 with a gforce,is that right?

don't play much games but I remember a small app called NVREFFIX that you can use to set your refresh rates by resolutions in games or any apps using directX on nvidia based vid cards.

Go to Start -> Run, type in dxdiag, select the More Help tab and use the Override button to set the refresh rate for all Direct3D and DirectVideo apps.