Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Cheese Weasel

Increasing mouse refresh rate

If you're using a PS/2-style mouse, the old PS/2 mouse hack may work. If a USB mouse, I have no idea. You can get the PS/2 mouse hack from most gaming websites, or at least a link to it.

------------------

"This year will go down in history. For the first time, a civilized nation has full gun registration. Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient, and the world will follow our lead into the future!" -Adolph Hitler, 1935

or if u use a logitech just use the latest logi drivers

(ps . the other proggy is called ps2/rate)

btw, such a "hack" is built into Win2000 :P

Just go into the Device Manager | Mouse | Properties | Advanced Settings | Sample Rate (offers 20/40/60/80/100 reports per second)

something i read the other day..this one u can bump up to 200 :

PS2 Port Hertz Adjustment

Any real gamer is annoyed by an inaccurate mouse. A slow refresh rate on the PS2 port will make the mouse be less accurate. This will make the pointer move more smoothly across the screen. Sorry Windows 9x users, this is for only NT Users.

Find the key below and open the “SampleRate” and set the value to a higher number, as high as 200. The higher the number the smoother the mouse flow, but also the CPU usage will go up.

KEY: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\i8042prt\Parameters

Entry: SampleRate

Data: 0-200, default is 60, Higher is Better

Data Type: REG_DWORD

KEY: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\i8042prt\Parameters

Entry: SampleRate

Data: 0-200, default is 60, Higher is Better

Data Type: REG_DWORD

nagual, is does this work in Win2k also? And if so, does the SampleRate entry exist, or is it something that you must create?

------------------

Flobee