Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Da_G

Microsoft Outlook 2000 and Hotmail Support

Refer to the following post of mine...

In a nutshell, it's how to get Hotmail support integrated into Outlook 2000 a'la Outlook Express.

-G

Good find!!! I am impressed. Now will you work on getting newsgroup support in there as well <g>?

Shrink

Dude Id smoke you up for that tip. I can't even begin to describe how much that helps me you are the sh1t

------------------

My System

Dell Demension XPS T500

Dual Boot

Windows 2000 Pro 2195

Windows Millennium Final

PIII @ 500 Mhz (with after market heatsink and dual fan)

256 Megs Ram

TNT2 Ultra Graphics Card

Matrox Millennium PCI (for second monitor)

3Com 10/100 Ethernet Card

3Com 56k Modem

12.6 Gig IBM HD

40X CD Rom Drive

100 Mb Zip Drive

MS Optical Mouse

Newsgroup support in Outlook 2000 isn't that great. I started using it the other day (I dodn't want to change my Agent configuration).

If you really want to use it, click View -> Goto -> Newsgroups and you can set it all up in there.

Beware that it is a bloody awful interface.

If you select 6 messages, right click and shoose open, you get 6 new windows open.

There is no way (that I have found), to only download attachements from messages. This means you need to open each message, wait for it to download, right click the attachment, and choose Save As. There is a Combine and Save option for multi-part attachements though.

If you are downloading messages, and you switch to another group, all the messages you were downlaoding stop, and all the windows display a message along the lines of "Message no longer available, or you are out of disk space".

All in all, it's hopeless. But, if you really want to use it, you can see how to set it up here:

http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q195/8/79.ASP?LN=EN-US&SD=gn&FR=0

I've been wondering about this for AGES...thanks Da_G!

Er...don't suppose any of you know how to do the same thing for Lotus Notes R5 do ya?

Cheers,

Kaiser