Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
c5rlh

Any useful tips for Win Me???

I've finally got the final release of Win Me for testing and it seems pretty cool

Loads fast

Supports everything I have barring my Live (no hassle there though)

Just wondering if anyone has any tips about

Go to http://wmeworld.com

interesting place wink

If you had looked in the other posts, I told I had problems with Drivespace 3 (doesn't support anymore hard drives) and MS Office 2k (probably because I had to install MS Installer 1.1)

See you soon!

Yep..... delete it and install Windows 2000!!

That is what I plan todo today! been running Full OEM version on Windows Me for two weeks now and it is CRAP! ok better than 98se but FAR off Win2k standard!

Top Cat

Topcat, i beat you to it smile

Ran OEM for 2 weeks, deleted it yesterday and reinstalled Win2k. Now, i don't have to restart every 3 hrs....imagine that smile

Ahh yes - I know that, but...

I have a Gigbyte 7IXE (stop laughing)

An Athlon 500

And a GeForce 256

And we all know that combination doesn't have the greatest success rate with W2K

Hence I need to get the best ou of Me

If I had better hardware, then 2000 would be the o/s of choice, but I don't and it isn't.

Now stop stating the obvious, and help me out here

Ahh yes - I know that, but...

I have a Gigbyte 7IXE (stop laughing)

An Athlon 500

And a GeForce 256

And we all know that combination doesn't have the greatest success rate with W2K

Hence I need to get the best out of WinMe

If I had better hardware, then 2000 would be the o/s of choice, but I don't and it isn't.

Now stop stating the obvious, and help me out here

I dont understand.. umm you think the unstable flakey win9x core of winMe will handle that combo better than win2k? heh athlon+nvidia on win2k may not be perfect but its still a better combo than WinMe as soon as you install non "on the cd" drivers for the geforce your fun with winMe will be over . been there done that suggest you fight it out with win2k! '

as always this is just my 2cents hope it helped if not sorry

Well, It's weird, but my machine hasn't crashed once under ME, but would crash at least 3 or 4 times a day under 2000

You do the math

well I guess with a bit of effort and help you could perfectly run Wink with your config and It's really worth one try. You know it took me three fresh install of Win2K to fully understand how the install itself was working and what the different options are when pressing F6 - F5 upon install.

I'm pretty comfortable with PC's but a new OS menas new problems , new challenge.

My native language is french but I think you have a quote in English that I find cool :

No Pain ... No Gain

when during install do you press the f5/f6 key?

[This message has been edited by nagual (edited 27 July 2000).]

Thibs

I know that one, but 2k crashed way too many times - I've had it on since Feb, and re-installed at least twice a month

Nagual - F5/f6 ????

ive got a top tip for ya *shoot it*

heheheh nah seriously good luck with it. 8)