Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
euankirkhope

Best Method of Resetting a Win2k system over Network?

MMC?

Telnet?

Malformed Packet? ( laugh only joking)

I have a win2kPro machine running wingate (ICS and NAT), and it is a bit buggy, and RAS (the dialer Icon in systray) hangs after a while, so even though the network is fine, the modem (winbond 6692 ISDN)

Resetting? As in rebooting? If so, shutdown.exe works great, and it come with the NT Resource kit. I think that there is a freebie version floating around too if you can't get the NTRes kit version.

------------------

Regards,

clutch

there is 'rkill' as well. they also ported a ton of other *nix commands to 2000 you can also use.

c:\>shutdown \\computer_name

or

C:\>shutdown

and this will bring up a dialog box then you select the machine you want to shutdown. you can also select to reboot or perform a straight shutdown. If you need the resource kit I may be able to 'locate' you a copy wink

cheers

-Moniker

I think I "gave" the resource and deployment kits away! I have some old beta cd boxes, around, I'll look in them.

IMHO, nothing beats Famatechs Remote administrator, its light, cool, and you ´get the remote machines screen in a window. You can use the mouse to reboot remote or you can just select it directly. Check it out at

http://www.famatech.com/

H