Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Ryo-Ohki

Logon scripts, mapping drives

I'm setting up a windows 2000 test network to replace our current Novell network, and I need to come up with login scripts that will map a series of drives. They have to work across all Windows versions (95,98,ME,NT,2k)--and so far I've had no luck. I've only gotten the home path to map correctly on NT/2k machines, which is annoying because there are alot of 95/98/ME machines still in use. If anybody has any suggestions, feel free to send them along.

I just used a batch file and placed it in the profiles (primitive but it works)

------------------

I cant help it I have Attention Deficit...hey whats that over there?

I setup the user profiles to use "logon.bat", and then have the batch files in the netlogon share (C:\WINNT\system32\Repl\Import\Scripts on most servers) and the clients pick up the script at logon. I use it for several things:

1. To delete unauthorized mappings

2. To reinstate proper mappings

3. To distribute unpdated config files

4. To install the SMS client

Works great for all, and it has worked on the few 98 boxes I have been subjected to on my networks.

smile

------------------

Regards,

clutch

Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by clutch:
I setup the user profiles to use "logon.bat", and then have the batch files in the netlogon share (C:\WINNT\system32\Repl\Import\Scripts on most servers) and the clients pick up the script at logon. I use it for several things:

1. To delete unauthorized mappings
2. To reinstate proper mappings
3. To distribute unpdated config files
4. To install the SMS client

Works great for all, and it has worked on the few 98 boxes I have been subjected to on my networks.

smile

</font>
This is pretty much the same way I have things running and it works fine for me. Problem is I got rid of all but one 98 box on my network

------------------
I cant help it I have Attention Deficit...hey whats that over there?