Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Kitchen

mapping network drives for services to use

I'm using win2k server and warFTPd, and I'm need to map a network drive for warFTPd to use. The problem I'm having with this is when I log off my administrator account, it disconnects the drive. warFTPd is a service and I choose to keep the server logged off for security reasons. I also have the host of the network drive have a UN/PW on the share so I am the only one able to connect. The only time this ever works is when I first map the drive. I have it use the username and password as the default login, but it gives me an error when I re-login to my server. Can someone please help me?

thanks

------------------

kitchen

jkitchen@iastate.edu

Computer Engineering/Computer Science

I haven't used warFTPd before, but you should be able to do it. The features list on their website includes this: "Mounting of network drives at startup (NT service mode only)"..... maybe there's a setting for this somewhere? If it's just permissions you're having a problem with, try giving the service your username/password. To do this, open the service administrative tool, and open the properties for the warftp daemon. On the 'log on' tab, you can specify an account for the service to use.

If you do change the logon account for the service, I would suggest that you create an account for the FTP service and give it the rights it needs rather than give it yours. If you change your password one day, you may notice some things may stop working...

smile

------------------

Regards,

clutch